Saturday, November 19, 2011

Date No. 2

Sorry I've waited so long to write this!

As expected, date number two did not go very well. I chose the restaurant we ate it and I had my favorite meal and server. He was late (which didn't really bother me because his son is three and didn't want him to leave). We had some beers and some food and some alright conversation. I was a lightweight and got a little drunk and talked a lot. We got our check and he paid. I tried to leave the tip, but he wouldn't let me. We walked out to my car and when we got there he asked me what I was doing next. I had tried to avoid mentioning what I was doing because I wanted the date to be over, but I felt forced into telling him. I told him I was going to a show and (through gritted teeth) did he want to come along? He said he would love to and I told him he could follow me in his car which was parked just up the street.

In a manner akin to his skipping, my date did a straight-legged run to his car and I gagged a little. We got to the show and I paid our cover. I was very annoyed to be sitting next to this guy who I wasn't interested in at all because I couldn't flirt with anyone that I might actually be interested in that was there. Eventually, after the band I wanted to see, I told my date that I was tired and was going to go home. That was a lie. I never lie. Dating is weird. I went to another bar for a little while and then actually did go home.

The next day he texted me quite a bit, but I wasn't very responsive and so he hasn't tried to be in contact since. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment